10.16.2012

Run in the mud …

Call us crazy.  We signed up for the Volkslauf.  It’s a 5k mud run that the marines put on that benefits toys for tots.  There were 1900 runners.  We didn’t know what to expect and didn’t really train for it but just decided to give it a try … see what all the fuss was about.  It was basically a lot of mud and obstacles.  ;)

volkslauf

This was the course map …. you basically run almost 5k around these obstacles and then go into the mud.  That snake looking thing is a ditch/canal that is filled with different depths of water/mudd.  At one point I had mud up to my neck.  Fun right?

volkslauf map

Before pictures … we ended up running into friends.

IMG_2228IMG_2230

After …

IMG_2213IMG_2217

It really was so fun.  We found out Sunday night that I actually got 17th out of 130 for my sex/age group.  Honestly it shocked us because we weren’t really trying to push it.  We had never done it before and were just going for it.  Next year I think we will try a little harder and see what we can do. ;) So much fun!!!

6 comments:

lynda said...

Awesome! we have a bunch of those happening out here. Zoe did one earlier this year for a stake activity. she loved it! Paige wanted to go so bad, but she had a pin sticking out of her toe... Good job on 17th!

Letti said...

Way to go! 17th is pretty good even if you did train. I'm glad you had fun too.

Connie de said...

Wow! I've watched it many time... That's the only part I like.

American Mom said...

Awesome! Next year - I'm out there with you!

Ash said...

Ok, I've been so bad with blogging!!! I practically erased the whole thing. I wanted to email you but for some reason don't have yours anymore...

email me so I have it again!!!
tinners22@hotmail.com

I love your cute family!!!

Saeed Zia said...

Latest Hot Entertainment News, Latest update about Bollywood, hollywood, pakistani Girls
hotentertainnews.blogspot.com